Thursday, August 25, 2005

getting things in order

Today I went and got my own health insurance. It was actually a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. Cheaper than the one at work, that's for sure, and I'm gonna get life insurance and set up a retirement account. I don't want to be poor when I retire. I want to be able to travel and such. I have been taking tests for fire depts. No jobs yet though but things are still in the works. Hopefully one of them works out. That's the plan anyway. I'm gonna try posting on here more often. Other people should post every once in a while too!!!! HINT HINT!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

It's really nice to have your own insurance, isn't it? If nothing else than it makes you more aware of your own financial and health situation...but it feels more...I dunno. Independent. Grown up. yay you! Btw, what did you get? i didn't know you could get independent insurance other than through work. Cuz I don' thave any right now and it sux.